Friday, November 13, 2009

What are my chances of getting into a semi-selective college?

My grades were decent freshman year, perfect (4.0 gpa, 4.2 weighted) sophomore year, but so far this semester has been really hard for me; I still have to take my exams but I think I will end up with 3 A's, 2 B-'s and possibly one C+ or B-. Ive had some personal issues but I think I can do much better next semester. my gpa is 3.7.I'm in marching band, color guard, yearbook, and I have a really great job as a florist. I plan on taking more extracurriculars and possibly tutoring, and will probably get into NHS at my school. I am also going to volunteer this summer and take a few design/architecture classes at our local college. I want to major in Landscape Architecture in college, and the most selective schools I will apply to are probably UVa, Illinois Urbana-Champlain, and UW Madison. What are my chances of getting in to any given school, mainly the ones mentioned, even with an iffy start to my junior year? (p.s.- havent taken ACT's yet but I took a practice test and am aiming for a 28

What are my chances of getting into a semi-selective college?
A 4.0/4.2 GPA is not decent, it's great.


Anyway, I'd say even though your grades went down, you still will almost definitely get into UofI, you have a very good shot at Madison, and Virginia is a possibility. You should try to do really well on your ACT--try for a little better than a 28. Not that that is bad at all, but that is on the lower end of the range for Madison and Virginia.





Good luck!
Reply:Colleges only see your final grades; just do better next semester and you'll be fine. The only school out of those that you might have trouble getting into is UVa.


No comments:

Post a Comment